Monday, April 28, 2008

What we've been up to!


Well family I decided to try and do my weekly update on my blog this time instead of a separate letter. We have been having fun around here and most of the days the weather has been nice, others have been beautiful and we still have the occasional snow. It was funny because the other night as we left our ward luau their was snow on the ground. The luau was great and it was fun to dress up and pretend to be in Hawaii. (Not as good as the real thing but we are entertained by a lot less lately!)
About two weeks ago we took a trip to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving point with some of the girls from the MBASA group. Johanna had a doctors appointment so I volunteered to take Calder. It was an adventure with three little munchkins but we had a great time and got some good pictures. If you don't see the tulips don't worry because we didn't see that many either. It was a little too early in the season. We were a little disappointed but I got my exercise in and the kids enjoyed the secret garden that had a big fountain to splash in. It was so hot that day that I got a little sunburned. Just too add to the adventure one of the tires on my double stroller was flat. I even brought the pump and thought I was awesome but after I pumped it up it went flat in less than 5 minutes so I pushed a dud all morning. (Again , more exercise!)
Here is a little baby update. I went to the doctor on Thursday and everything seems to be great. The doctor said that he loves a boring pregnancy. I asked him about my back pains and he was, let's just say unsympathetic. He said that it is normal and it sounds like it is just mechanical pain. I don't think I will name my kid after him. Here is a picture of my growing tummy. (And my new hair cut!)
Last Saturday we had the chance to go with Dax and some of our family to the Salt Lake Temple. It was really neat to be there with him on his special day. We are really excited for him to get to serve a mission. It was such an awesome experience for me and Garrett. We actually took the kids up to Salt Lake and Bethany watched them for us. We wanted them to be able to see everyone and so they joined us for the lunch we had a Rodizio's Grill afterwards.
Life continues at home and well. We are still doing chores and the kids still like to help so that they can earn extra money. I would have to say that some of the excitement has died down for both the kids and myself. I guess I still have found that balance is important and when the weather is great it is just soooo nice to get outside and PLAY!
This week was our last week of Gymnastics before we take a break for some travels this summer. The kids have really enjoyed their "Gymnecklace" classes. Garrett got to come and watch and so did Grandma B, Calder and Johanna. Cooper and I loved being able to play together at Mom and Me class and Jenna learned a lot in her class as well.
It was fun to get together with Garrett's family this last weekend. Grandma B came down for her birthday and John's Graduation. We spent quite a bit of time together and it is always an adventure. The kids were worn out by the end of the time but they love being together with their cousin Calder and all of their Aunts and Uncles as well. They really enjoy it when Grandma B can come and read them books.
We have a full couple of weeks coming up and are really excited about it. Garrett is heading to Europe for a class for school on Wednesday and we are going to have our own adventures. My sisters are coming down to Women's Conference on Wednesday night and I can't wait. We will play for the rest of the week and my kids are going to spend so fun time with Johanna, Calder, and Bethany. After that we plan to head to Washington & Oregon. Please let us know if you can be part of the adventure because we would love to make stops along the way. We would love to stop in Burley, (maybe even on our way up and back!) Boise, Vancouver, Eugene, and Portland. We are looking forward to this and are making a list of all of the things that we would to do and the people that we are dying to see.
Can we see you on our trip?

8 comments:

Michael Morgan said...

Nice to see you all. I really wish we would have been able to make it to Dax's day at the temple. I had to work and I need to save my vacation time for our JUNE in Idaho!!!

Emily said...

Super cute pictures! Glad you guys have been having so much fun lately! Sounds like a fun trip you're taking. Going through las vegas at all? Okay probably not...have fun in oregon, my favorite place ever! Love the haircut!

The Morgans said...

Kricket lots of fun seeing all the fun pictures and reading about your adventures. Love you
Lou

Amanda said...

Cute hair, and cute belly! Sounds like you guys are doing great! Cute pictures!

Lori said...

Kricket-
Awesome new apostle song. I will have to teach that to my kids...I can already hear them singing it all over the house. Can't wait to see you later today. We'd love to have you come and stay with us on your Washington/Oregon adventure coming or going...or both. Love ya, Sis! Lori

Margaret said...

Can't wait to see you and your cute belly and adorable haircut!!!

Mama Beus said...

Of course I know who you are! I haven't checked out your blog until today though! I love that we can keep in touch this way! I didn't know you were here in Utah, and congrats on baby #3! Good luck! We should get together sometime!

RightHahn said...

Hey girl...

Love your hair - AND cute belly:) I completely support your decision to not name your baby after your Dr. Like he's smart or something anyway:)

Jenna's hair is really cute braided. Did you do it? Is it corn-rowed? That's a really southern/country question to ask, huh?

Glad your doing well!!