I can't believe that it has been six years since I married my sweetheart . Garrett and I met during both of your senior year at BYU. We were in the same ward at church and actually met at ward prayer. He introduced himself to me then I kept noticing him at different activities. It took him away to ask me out. I like to think that he was just getting up the courage. One night he came over to my apartment and I thought he was just coming over to visit. There were a group of us having a good time and apparently he kept following me into whatever room I went into. He then ask what I was doing that night. I thought he meant "you" as in the group. I said "something fun I'm sure, do you want to come." Then he explained that he was wanting to take me on a date. Well I jumped at the chance and never regretted that decision. He was fun, funny, entertaining, cute, nice, & it only got better from there.We dated for about 4 months before we decided that we wanted to be together forever. We were married 3 months later in the San Diego Temple. It was my dream wedding to the man of my dreams. We have learned so much from each other and about each other over these last six years and have learned to love and cherish each other more all the time. I wish I would have known then what a catch I was getting but I think we got married fast enough as it is! :)
Things I love about my man:
- Garrett is such a caring husband and father.
- He is devoted and determined to do what is right.
- He works so hard at whatever he does (work, school, and helping me around the house)
- He is SO much fun to be around.
- He reads the comics to his kids ever Sunday and they look forward to it.
- He does "fort-night" with the kids ever other Sunday and everyone looks forward to that. (I usually take a nice hot bath!)
- He cares about people.
- He can fix anything around the house & garage. If he has never done it before he will figure out how and he does it.
- He listens to me talk just because he loves me. (Even if sometimes he falls asleep, so much for pillow talk : )
- He serves in the church where ever they need him and does a fantastic job.
6 comments:
What a sweet post, Kricket. Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! I don't know many couples that are as cute as you guys are!
WOW, six years!! Happy Anniversary!! You guys are a good lookin' couple, with way cute kids.
Happy Anniversary! What a handsome couple! xoxo, BEUS
Yes...super congrats!! I'm glad I got to be there for it. I loved how your grandpa was like - "We passed up 10 or so temples to get here" ... but it was worth it to be in the one you wanted:)
Did you get Suzannes' wedding announcement? :) Yeah!!!!
Awww. So cute that he kept following you into every room. I don't blame him. Who doesn't want to hang out with Kricket?!! I miss you! So happy you came to visit and so fun to talk like old times. Good news for you is I have some new stories in the mix. Ha Ha. Love you! Margaret
Post a Comment