Thursday, September 25, 2008

Last Minute Nesting

Our family had a great time preparing for this new baby. Here are some of the project that we worked on while awaiting HIS arrival.

I washed boy and girl clothes (0-3 months) & organized them into the kids' closet.

We got the car seat washed and ready which was more of a chore than you might think, unless you have two older children and also had to make sure your car seat was safe for your new baby.


We organized all of the toys and moved almost all of them to the garage. This is now the toy storage area and we have our carpet out there so the kids can play out there as well. I love it!


With help from the kids we finally got the craddle put together.


Now this next project has been on going and honestly not quite done yet. We are refinishing our table and chairs. It looks really good and I will try to post the finished product. But between new baby and Garrett's crazy school schedule it might be.... a long time. :)
Now this project was an inspiration from my friend Ilene. I thank you Ilene and I am sure that some day Garrett will thank you too. I have wanted to do strips in the kids' room for a long time and will the help from Ilene on her step by step on striping we finally did it. We finished on Sunday night before we went to the hospital on Monday morning. (Now that really is "Last Minute Nesting"
So this is the different steps:



4 comments:

The Wimmer 5 said...

So cute! I love the new stripes. Aren't they fun? It looks like you guys got a lot accomplished AND you got a fun new baby boy. Glad to see all are doing well. Post more pics of the babe when you have time.

Margaret said...

Oooh! I love it!!!

Look at you go. You'd think Brooke went to your house. Ha Ha.

Post pictures of the finished table too!!!

RightHahn said...

Very nice! Go forth and conquer, Krafty-Kricket:)

summer said...

really....you did all that?! I love all the projects, although the stripes are quite the masterpiece. And....waiting to see pics of the table/chairs!