Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tradition! Tradition!

Three years ago when Jenna looked like this
we were in Vancouver for Thanksgiving and she woke up at 4:30 in the morning and was ready for the day. I couldn't get her to go back to sleep and so we decided to leave the house so that we wouldn't wake up everyone else. We found ourselves at Starbucks and had hot chocolate and a yummy breakfast treat. We danced and talked and just really had a great time together in our jammies.

Now fast-forward to the next year Thanksgiving morning 2007. I had said that I was going to make this a tradition for us. That she woke me up the first year but I was going to wake her up in the years to come. Well, Jenna reminded me as soon as she found out Thanksgiving was coming and she woke me up for the second year in a row.
This year was a little different because I finally did get to wake her up. But it was the same because we had a fabulous time. I couldn't help but think how every year it will be different. This year their was less dancing, it wasn't so early, but the company was as good as ever and we still got to go in our PJs.

What is your favorite Tradition and how did it come about?

3 comments:

Emily said...

Okay, that is so cute. I can't wait to have more family traditions like that. Seriously, I bet you girls have the best time, and like you said, as she gets older it will change. One day you'll be sitting in Starbucks talking about BOYS!

Crazy, and so cute!

Margaret said...

Could you be an sweeter?! Sigh. Another reason why I love Kricket.

The sad thing is that I would never want to get up that early unless forced too.

Carmen Goetschius said...

You are such a good mama Kricket. What a great tradition. There is no doubt that your kids know you love them!!! If I ever have the honor of being a mother someday I hope to love them with the same kind of sacrifice and warmth as you obviously do!

Love to you and yours!