Sunday, February 8, 2009

WOW what a Dad!

I was going to try to do an update of our whole week but I realized that the best part of our week is when our dad is here on the weekend. I mean the kids and I had some fun during the week with a trip to Barnes and Noble, preschool (Jenna took Ryder for Show-N-Tell), and we had a couple of play dates now that we are all healthy (finally!) Anyway we do have fun without Garrett but not as much fun and when he is around. We have an amazing dad at our house.


He took this first picture while he was playing with Ryder. What a funny guy.










On Friday he decided it would be fun to have a "camp out" with the kids. They had smores over the stove, told camping stories, and even slept in the tent.

Now Garrett doesn't have a lot of spare time these days but he has managed to use a little bit of that time in the garage working a way on a project for the kids. (Sometimes with a little "help" from us.) Here are some pictures of the process. and the final product that we finally finished today!






















































Toddler Bunk Beds!

7 comments:

Juliette said...

What a fun Dad! Those are great memories your kids will never forget! Oh, and Happy late Birthday!

Margaret said...

I'm impressed Garrett! You are handy!

I'm assuming the toddler bunk bed LADDER is still to come?

John and Bethany said...

Way to go! I'm sure the kids love it

RightHahn said...

That does sound fun! Dad's really are a great blessing aren't they? :)

Chris and Jamie said...

Hi Kricket, this is Chris Jensen's wife, Jamie. We are throwing a baby shower for Megan Knorpp in March. Could you please email me your address so I can get an invitations sent to you. Thanks

curlycuecutie@hotmail.com

I know, my email is so embarrassing.

Unknown said...

Cute beds- wood working intimidates me. Good thing the beds are far enough apart that Cooper won't be able to kick his sister's mattress from underneath. My sisters and I did that all of the time. We were so sweet.

Caroline said...

wow, so impressive! you should start a business. i'm going to need one of those someday and my husband sure ain't gonna make it:)