Family,
Weeks really are flying by and we are kind of okay with that these days. We are trying hard to "Embrace This Season" of our lives but we are also ready to see these Thesis days over. Garrett has been studying about 15 hours a day. So as you can see we don't get much time with him. I've decided that part of the miracle that we have been praying for is that I am actually surviving this okay and so are the kids. We love Garrett so much and know that he would rather be spending time with us to so we are enduring this all well as we can and looking forward to a lot more time together soon.

Ryder is growing so fast. He is really independent and doesn't let Jenna or Cooper help him. (Especially if I really need them to.) He wants to join us doing anything that we are doing. He loves to draw and that is his newest word, along with chocolate. He also enjoys helping us bake in the kitchen and always wants a front row seat. He is very determined (this is a nice word for stubborn) and often gets his way. He is such a handsome little guy. His skin never has turned to that Morgan tan and so he is definitely my whitest kid. His white skin mixed with his incredibly blue eyes is a killer combination.

The kids got a hold of the camera this week and had a blast taking well over a hundred pictures. Here is a good one that shows Cooper's goofy personality. Cooper is such a fun boy. He keeps us laughing and I think he has his Dad's contagious laugh that everyone talks about. He is growing up so fast and was excited today because it is his official 1/2 birthday. We sang, and had a special dinner for him.

Jenna made it back to school this week after a week long break. She enjoys school but really misses being home with family. She is smart as a whip and we are trying to learn the best way to deal with her spicy personality when it comes out. She is adorable and works hard to do what is right and what will make other happy as well.
Here is a picture of our good looking clan before church today. Since next week is Easter but it is also General Conference for our church we decided we would sport the Easter wears today.

Were you aware that today is "Something on a Stick" day? Well it is a so we had a fun dinner where everything we ate was on a stick. Here are the fruits and veggies.

Here is the meat on the grill.

Here we are enjoying the Food on a Stick.


If you didn't eat something on a stick today make sure you mark your calendars for March 28th next year. You don't want to miss this again. :-)
Are any of my friends out there? Are my post just to boring to comment about? I haven't had any comments for a few weeks and I am feeling lonely. I hope you all are well. If you have a minute comment so that I know you care.
13 comments:
Oh I care and have lots of comments:
Jenna is looking JUST like you...so beautiful.
That dinner looks delicious!!! My mouth is watering. I don't have any sticks, but if I did I'd slap one of the white chocolate chip cookies I just made on there.
Easton is obsessed with the camera too and I often find lots of fun pictures of my feet on the camera. So funny.
Love the Easter outfits!
Love your easter outfits and colors!
And those pics the kids took are great. Cooper totally looks like he is jumping on a bed.
And those shiskabobs (spelling?) look yummy!
Love ya mean it! :) Glad to always see how well you're doing! Your family is beautiful...
We did the easter pics today too! And I bought that same tie for Carson that your boys are wearing! Good luck to all of you in the next few weeks. Can't wait to hear where life takes you after school!
You're so fun, Kricket! I love that you knew it was "Food on a Stick Day". I'm totally marking my calendar for next year!
Your kids are so cute, and that picture of Cooper is awesome.
And, I love all the countdown things that you've been doing for Garrett. I haven't been doing a countdown, but you did inspire me to have T-shirts made for me and the kids to wear at graduation in support of James.
Please don't stop posting. I love your posts, even if I'm really bad about not leaving comments. :)
I've been feeling the same way about people not commenting on my blog. I guess I should comment more if I want more comments... :)
I think mostly I don't comment on yours because you make me feel like such a guilty wife. :) I can't believe all the stuff you are doing for Garrett and how supportive (and creative I might add) you are. This is also why I haven't told JD about any of your cute ideas.
Love you lots and am praying for you to make it through the next couple months. :)
Hi Kricket! don't be lonely! I've been reading your posts. I'm just too lazy to comment. sorry! I like the weekly updates a lot. I'll bet your parents do too. I'm so glad to know your daddy is doing better. Your mom and dad have been in my prayers a lot. I love them!
Hang in there with that thesis crap. It will be over before you know it and you'll be so glad you have a smart daddy for your kiddos. plus the extra bling it brings in will be nice too :) Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you move on down to southern california once your done. Isn't that a good idea?
I love you!
BEUS
Hey Kricket! I am a total lurker! I like reading your posts. Keep them coming! I can't believe that graduation is less than a month away for you guys. Time flies when you are having fun, I bet! Hang in there girl. It will be all worth it for sure!
Where was the disclaimer? You should have wrote... "Where are my friend? (Except for Margaret)." J/K ;) I will let it slide.
The more I read your updates the MoRE I MISS YOU!!!!! :( Now I'm sadspice.
You are such a strong person, and a great mother! I love how you find many activities to have fun with your family. I dressed up my kids for Easter on Sunday, and didn't even get a picture!
Hang in there. You'll look back at this time in your life someday, and wonder how in the world you got through it, and then laugh.
I want to come and live at your house - you make life so fun. And how do you have so much energy when you are pregnant? Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas and you even more wonderful family with me!!!
How is it possible that I did not know about "something on a stick" day? Your kids are so stinkin' cute, I just can't seem to get over it. I also love hearing how well you're enduring this thesis time. I'm such a wimp when Nate is not around. :)
I love reading your blog! Thank you for the updates!
Post a Comment