Saturday, April 3, 2010

What's in a Name?


Okay so we are having trouble in the name department with this little guy. We always have 4 or 5 names before we go to the hospital and we are really struggling to come up with some. Would you be willing to share you best names with us? We probably won't raise our kids in the same city for their whole lives and if we do they can have a cool name together. We need some help! So give us you best names from your list, other lists, nephews, cousins, friends. We need some good ones this guy is going to be handsome.

17 comments:

Tiffany said...

Christian! I love that name but I think it's a bit much for me to name one of my kiddos (Christian Bishop).

The HousewifeTravels said...

I know you don't me but we know Garrett from way back and blurk your blog to keep up with your family news.
I thought I'd contribute to the baby name game. We have a Joey. We also really loved Miles as choice but I have a compulsion to add the 'ey' sound to names and couldn't call my boy Miley. So we have a Katie, Gracie, and Joey. Current friends kid's name we've liked is Zeik (could be short for Ezekiel)
Best of luck!

Ace said...

Dayken. That was going to be Makaydi's name had she been a boy. Good Luck! Keep me updated!

Michael Morgan said...

My vote is for HOGAN.

Emily said...

I love Tyler, Jacob, Samuel...all those traditional boy names that Steve doesn't like and won't let me use. I just love little boys named Sam!!

I also love Dexter, Duncan, Crew, Hayden, Miles. That's all I can think of right now. I love most boy names, they are so cute. We almost named Easton Atticus...that's another one I like.

Craig and Stephanie said...

Kadin, Carson, Owen, Cardan, Jackson, Mason, Cole, Conner

Congrats!!

Happy Easter!!

DC Diva said...

I am no help as we are having the same problem! Hmph.

Teresa said...

We think we've come up with a name but we don't tell anyone what the name is until he is born (so we can avoid some inevitable comments that we probably wouldn't like and deter us from using the name ;) ANYWAY, some other good names we liked were Jackson, James, Justice, Edward (classic english names we really liked), Ashton.

Good luck!

RightHahn said...

I love family names - I think some of the best names that I've heard have come from a search of a couples' surnames. Mathias' middle name is DeGrey (from Randy's mom's side) - and we had a hard time deciding whether to use it as a first name or not (we would have called him Grey for short).

I really like the lesser known Bible names as well - Mathias of course...Jamin...etc. :) !!

Does that help? The great thing is that your baby WILL be handsome ... so he'll make any name you give him cute!

Brady and Brooke said...

Liam, Ethan, and Andrew!

Jana Brookes said...

We were going to use Jackson if we ever had a boy, but that's not happenin' so you could use it if you like! I also really like Spencer, Everett, and Tanner. I couldn't ever use Tanner though, cause it's my cousins name, and his wife's name is Autumn. We already have an Autumn, so we just couldn't use both their names.
This is a great idea, I might have to try this out! We can't come up with a name either!

Fowler family said...

My sister has 2 adorable boys named Jasper and Gideon. I love their names. I also like the names Silas, Ezra, Marcus, and Edmond.

Shane, Liz and all the Crew said...

Hi Kricket!
did you know that the name "Kyle" means handsome? just a little trivia for you!
After studying American history recently, I was so impressed with
James Madison and Samuel Adams. I thought that if I had read those books before i had children i probably would have used one of those names. Also, your ancestor James Beus was a great man. (I think little Ezra is named after him)...but his birth name was Jacques...so Jack would be an awesome choice, too.
good luck! I am sure he will be a handsome, wonderful child.

love,
Aunt Liz

ps...could you let me know how to read your mom and dad's letters?
thanks. elizabeth.beus@gmail.com

Margaret said...

I always loved Camden. But that doesn't work with Barnum well.

Bryant (yes I thought of the Brother Lake), Porter, Crew, Blake, Bradley, Bryce, Dakota, Hayden, Skyler... I tried to think of names that go well with Barnum.

A Bennett Barnum might be cute.

Don't forget to do my test with Dr. and President. And, make sure it doesn't go with Plumber.

John and Bethany said...

I thought it was kind of fun to look through the most popular names by state on the Social Security website. http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/namesbystate.html
I didn't want a really popular name and they list the top 100 so it is a great place to get ideas. Out of the ones people have already mentioned we think Jackson, Jacob, Samuel, Crew, Easton, Conner, Tanner, Porter and Bradley are cool. What the heck, how about Zera, after our ancestor Zera Pulsipher. Kidding:)

The Barnums said...

Not that any of our opinions matter but we submit the following names to be added to the list....

Han Solo
Gandalf(the gray or white)
Tiger
Adam
Benjamin
Caleb
Daniel
Ephraim
Frankincense
Gideon
LaRue, Barney for short(don't tell grandpa, he doesn't like that name)
Peter Pan

Hope it helps!!!!!!

Jeff & Johanna said...

I feel better leaving my suggestions after Brian and April's...
Fenton
Edwin
Hugh
Emmett
I had a nice list going but didn't think you guys would go for many of them.
Jo