Now for a little catch up. With all of this job/school/thesis/waiting for baby I haven't done a very good job of relating the normal things happening in our lives.
Ryder is growing up so fast. It is crazy but I think we enjoy him more everyday. We put together a list of things that we want to remember about Ryder at this stage and here are a few:
- He copies the kids when they kneel down to pray. He recently started to repeat prayers after us.
- He talks a lot.
- He sings songs (we recognize the tune even if we don't recognize the words.)
- He is learning to recognize his colors
- He loves to snuggle after his nap.
- He is really a Daddy's boy. (It is his fault that Garrett can't study at home)

He loves to be a big helper. Here is a picture of his cuteness in the kitchen.

He had a great time with his cousin Max while Bethany and John were here.
(Shout out to them because the watched our three kids while Garrett and I got away for the night. Thanks guys!)

The picture above was taken about 2 weeks ago. We just couldn't cut off the curls and decided to do his 18 month pictures with the long hair. It seems like ever time I cut his hair before pictures I regret it. Well this time when we cut it I actually think it still looks like my little man and I think he even looks more grown up. Maybe I need to take him in and have those pictures redone. Below is the picture of his new hair cut.

Earlier this month Garrett turned 32. We had a fun little party with the family and celebrated.

A couple of weekends ago Garrett took the two boys on a Father and Sons Camp-out. He didn't stay the night because we had to be up really early to get to Kylea and Casey's wedding. This is such a fun tradition and hope that they will always have fun together.

Jenna officially graduated from Kindergarten. She had a wonderful year. She loved her teacher and all of the friends in her class. Ms. McFarland says she can go on to first grade but I'm thinking I'll keep her in kindergarten again, unless they have 1/2 day first grade in Oregon. :-)

We actually forgot the camera on the day of graduation and had to take these pictures at her end of the year test on Monday. We even through our first "Graduation Party." She had friends over and we made snow cones. I wish I had taken pictures of that too.

One of my favorite summer meals is Chef Salad. We however have a couple of different names for this. We call it Rainbow Salad or Toothpick Salad. You see, we challenge the kids to eat all of the different colors of the rainbow and they get to eat it with toothpicks instead of forks. It really is quite fun.

Yesterday, Garrett took Jenna and Cooper fishing. We did this a couple of times last year and had a great time. We didn't ever catch a fish but that isn't all of fun. Right? Well yesterday Cooper caught his first fish. They brought it home and cut the head off, cleaned it, cooked it and ate it. I have to say that I declined to join them for any part of these activities.

This week was pretty relaxing being our first week of summer vacation. We decided to take a couple of days and braid Jenna's hair. It takes FOREVER and I don't think you could pay me enough to do this for anyone else. But Jenna loves it and has been looking forward to it for a while now. So....

We hope you are enjoying your summer vacation too. What fun things do you have planned?
4 comments:
I can;t believe we won't be having the summer together this year. I have gotten so used to being with you guys. Love Jenna hair, and the rainbow beads of course. I know you secretly want to braid mine.
Love the braids...seriously impressive. And I am sure Ryder has SOME of you in him...but gosh, is that not a miniature Garrett or what?!! And Congrats on the new job! So happy for you guys!!
Love the rainbow salad! Awesome idea.
So glad you will be here soon and I will know all about your happenings. And, I won't feel so bad about not keeping up with my blogging cause you'll know my happenings too. did you decide where you are going to live?
love you.
Did you make the cute super shirts your kids are wearing too? See you in Oregon soon!
Post a Comment