Monday, May 24, 2010

Time for the Big News!

I am sorry that it has taken so long to post about this but we wanted everything to be official before we shared. Here is the story:
Garrett has been searching for a job for awhile now. He has been applying, having lots of phone interviews and also some face to face interviews. He had an offer with a great company in Seattle but if you know Garrett he wanted to keep his options opened and make sure he got the right job for him, and in the right place for us. We have been praying that the Lord would open the door(s) for us that would lead us to the job and place that we were best suited for and where we could be of the best service for him as well.
About 3 weeks ago Garrett got a lead on a great job. They had just started looking for someone to fill their Product and Marketing Manager position. One of the engineers used to work with Garrett and noticed that his LinkedIn status had changed and hoped that this position might work for us. Garrett interviewed over the phone and of course they loved him. He flew up for a visit about a week later and Garrett loved the company, the people and the position.
We then did the waiting game which many of you were a part of. (Again, sorry.) After much thought, endless talking and lots of prayer we officially accepted the offer today! Garrett will be joining a design company named:

They design bike trailers. You probably have one in your garage. (We do! and we love it!) Here is a picture of ours. I'm sure yours is probably newer :-)
Some of you may be wondering where this is located and I won't keep you waiting anymore. We are moving to:
Eugene Oregon!
We are absolutely thrilled. We never even dared to dream that we would be able to go back to a place that we loved so much. We feel SO blessed. We will miss so much about Utah so I will save that for another post. So for now, watch out Oregon, the Barnums are coming back!

15 comments:

Emily said...

LUCKY!!!!

Congrats on the great new job!!

Caroline said...

i'm happy for you... but i'm not going to lie and say i'm not a little bit sad that you're not moving to southern california. but if it couldn't be CA, then I'm glad it's Oregon and that you are so happy. congratulations!

Miranda said...

Hooray! I'm so happy for you, and so glad you're going to love where you're living and the company you're working for. XOXO!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!!!!!

Jana Brookes said...

Congrats! Happy for your little family. We will miss your cheerful self around here. I hope we'll get to see your baby before you leave. Let just go have both of our babies early together? What do you say?!!
Best of luck to you and your family!

John and Bethany said...

Congrats!! We just may be looking a little more intently for PA jobs in Oregon:)

Heather - said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting :)

Kori said...

Congrats! That is so exciting for you guys to end up back there. Good luck with the move!!!

Kara said...

Woohoo! What a fabulous opportunity for your family. And in a place that you adore, nonetheless. Oregon has always been my favorite place I've ever lived...I'm jealous! Good luck with the upcoming move :) And tell Garrett he's a rockstar.

Margaret said...

The joy is still just as great as when you first told me this news! I can't wait! Love you guys!

cindy said...

I am so excited for you. I know that you loved Oregon. I will struggle with this because you will be further away from me and I won't get to see you as often. I will have to start looking for cheap airplane options so we can have sister dates every few years. I love you and couldn't be happier for you.

DC Diva said...

Congrats! Great news!! When do you move?

lacy said...

Awesome! Now you don't have to change your license plates!

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Congrats Krickett! that is so awesome!

Amanda said...

So awesome! My aunt lives in Eugene...I love it there! Plus, it's not far from the beach! I have many memories of Eugene! So happy for you! Congrats, you'll love it! (and what better company to work for than 'Burley'?) it'll always make you think of home!