Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sister's Recipe Swap

My Sister-in-law April had this awesome idea to swap recipes once a month through our blogs with all of the sisters on Garrett side of the family.  I was excited when the theme for our first month was BBQ.  Here is a link to the other great recipes that I am excited to try. (April, Bethany and Johanna)
Here is one of our favorites and it is a must try!

My good friend Summer Lord shared this with me through our MBA Spouse Association Cookbook.

Uncle Steve's Chicken

1/2 c. Soy Sauce
1/2-2/3 c. olive oil
1/4 c. Dijon Mustard
1tsp. fresh garlic
1tsp parsley
1tsp rosemary
1tsp sage
1tsp thyme
Chicken
Add all ingredients together and pour over chicken.  If you don't have time, you can bake the chicken as soon as seasonings are on top.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until chicken is done.  If you have time, let chicken marinate a few hours or overnight, if possible.  The longer the chicken can marinate, the better.  Then grill it up for extra flavor.

We love this chicken.  I serve it will potatoes and asparagus OR this:
Grilled Chicken and Pesto on Ciabatta

 
1  Grilled up Uncle Steve's Chicken.
2. Make fresh Pesto (I used Basil, olive oil, Parmesan cheese and pine nuts)
3.  Toast your ciabatta rolls
4. Spread mayonnaise and pesto on the ciabatta rolls
5.  Slice up chicken and add to the sandwich
6.  Top with Mozzarella cheese, lettuce and tomato.

It was SOOOO delicious.  Let me know what you think or if you want to try it.




1 comment:

Kori said...

It looks SO good!!! I might have to give it a try. :)