Tuesday, February 5, 2013

January 2013

January

January 4th was a special day.  Garrett took the afternoon off and we had our babies ultrasound.  We decided not to take the kids and tell them after.  I came up with a fun way to tell them.  I bought pink and blue JellyBellies and pink and blue cotton swobs.  When we came home from the ultrasound they had to count them to find out if it was a boy or girl.  It made it fun for them.
 
 Boy or Girl?


After a lot of counting it was official.  This baby is another little BOY!

Jenna got some art supplies from Cooper for Christmas to make this cool Crayon Rainbow.  She has been SO excited to do it and we finally got around to it this month.  Garrett took the little boys on a Boy adventure and Jenna and I had a date putting it together.  The boys were glad that we waited to finish it with them.  It was fun to do and it turned out really cool.


Ryder is growing up a lot.  This month he actually gave up the "WOW!"  It was a happy and sad day for all of us.  He has loved that "Wow" for a long time.  After 5 days without the "Wow" we had doughnuts to celebrate.

Jenna's Birthday fell on Sunday this year which doesn't make for the most exciting of bithdays.  We let her choose a fun family activity for the Saturday before and she decided she wanted to go to the Children's Museum.  I think the kids a great time. 

 




Jenna turns 9!
Jenna had a great birthday.  She got a couple of new games that were fun to play.  She got an new book "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe."  Plus, she got tickets from her Dad for a date to go see the play this coming weekend.  We challenged her to finish the book before the play.  Well that was easy as she was done in like 3 or 4 days. 
 Suspend.  We had a blast playing this before church.  
It was the one present she chose to open in the morning.
 She chose Cream cheese chicken creasants for her birthday dinner.  We then opened presents and had cake.  She likes to help make her own cake and the last couple of years she has chosen to do that with her dad.  This year they made a "Percy Jackson" cake.  They just finished the series and was excited to design the cake.  I guess Percy Jackson is the son of Poseidon (God of the sea) so they made an ocean top with Percy's Sword.  They had a great time doing that together.  Jenna is such a great big sister.  She even invited her brothers to help her blow out the candles.  I think she will do great with another little guy around here.

Kricket is 35!

 Garrett brought me home this beautiful cheesecake for my birthday.
I am always in the mood for something different since Jenna's birthday is only 4 days before mine.
It was nice not to worry about that at all.
 I had my favorite dinner.  I made "CafeRio" salad.  Yummy!  We then ate cake and I opened presents.  I got some much needed maternity items.  I have a lot but I needed tanks, undershirts and a coat.  I got two coats and a cardigan as well.  With some extra money and flowers from MomB it was a wonderful birthday.
 My sweet Aunt Liz sent me beautiful flowers on my birthday.  It was so thoughtful and made me cry.  It is the first birthday without my Mom and I think she was trying to help fill the void.  It was much appreciated.

Good-bye January!

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Wo! All the sudden all these posts showed up for the Barnum blog in my Google Reader. Yay for the catch up and Congrats on the baby on the way...how awesome! We are still deciding if we are as brave as you guys and go for baby #5. I think we must have the same boy genes in the water here too. So I figure a baby would put us 4 and 1. But perks coming to your daughter for being the only girl. I tell that to Addison all the time when she begs me for a sister ;-)

Caroline said...

Great update, Kricket and Happy Birthday to you and Jenna! And wow, another boy! How fun. I wish we lived closer. Our little boys could be great friends. Love and miss you too!

Unknown said...

Fun to catch up on your blog!!!! Kricket! Congrats! So happy for you and your growing family! Happy belated birthday and much love to you all! Love, Carmen