1. Never Miss a Monday - To start the week off right I like to start it off at the gym for a good workout. I have also started taking my scriptures and reading in the car for 10 - 15 minutes before I go into the gym. That way I can get a spiritual and physical workout in the morning. I haven't been making it as often as I would like but I did this morning at you can tell by my sweaty hair and red face it was a good/hard workout.
2. Music in the Morning - I love coming home and finding one of my kids on the piano. We are making efforts to be more consistent in our piano practice. We didn't do well during the Summer and with soccer and getting back into the grove with school it has continued to fall to the wayside. Let' hope we can stepped it up and get practicing.
3. Healthy Breakfast - We are trying to eat healthier and having some minor successes.
4. Off to Work - Garrett loves to ride to work and even though it doesn't happen that often he made it work today.
5. Walking to School in the Fog - When Dad rides to work that means Mom usually gets to take the kids to school. We had enough time today to walk and it was a beautiful morning. A little chilly and a nice thick layer of fog. We talk and enjoy each other, and look for beautiful things to take pictures of. Live is Good.
6. Waiting for the Bus - We made it back just in time to snap a picture of Jenna with her friend before they got on the bus for school. She is enjoying Middle School.
7. Morning Study - I have been trying to listen to all of the Conference Talks between each conference for a while now (that means about one talk a week). In April, I tried to step it up and listened to each of the 15 apostles talks (picking one apostle per week) and then listening to their last 4 talks on the other days during the week. I loved seeing themes that some of them gravitated towards and personality traits that I started to understand better. Since our last Conference I decided to again pick one apostle per week but this time pick other conference address for the past that are on the same topic. I also pick a scripture to "Ponderize" from that same talk/topic. This week is Elder Eyring's talk on the Holy Ghost. (D&C 11:12-13)
8. Preschool with Mom - Since deciding to keep Trey home another year I have been trying harder to get "Mommy Preschool" in with the little boys. We did some last year and so we started with E and are making our way through the alphabet. This week was F. Weston loves painting and he loves Ws.
9. Dinner on the Deck - I have been working on refinishing the table and it is taking a really long time. Part of it is me not making it a priority and part of it is lack of time. I do enjoy eating outside on the deck so that isn't motivating me either. We have been eating outside almost every meal, the kids complain that it is SO cold but I love it. (Yummy warm soup for dinner did help with the cold factor.)
10. Silliness - Big boxes are almost always a hit. These too enjoyed playing in this box, probably while the rest of us cleaned up dinner.
11. FHE - For Family Home Evening tonight we worked on our Halloween Decoration. We put them up around the house and Dad and helpers made this awesome spider for the front of the house. He still needs to cover it up with black tape and get it up on the wall but we got a good started tonight.
12. Frenchmunchmunts - This is what we can refreshments for FHE. I can't even remember who said it like that but we have called them Frenchmunchmunts for as long as I can remember. Tonight's treat was mini ice cream cones with homemade ice cream.
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment