Dear kids,
December is always busy and we love that. We love the fun activities that we plan everyday and the time we get to spend together enjoying the Christmas Season. This week on Sunday afternoon and evening we did our pretzel making for our neighbors and friends. They are always so delicious and really fun to make.
I got a great picture on Sunday of our family during family scripture study at night before bed. We keep plugging along and reading every night. I would love to say that it is always wonderful but that would not be true. Some (lots of) days are really rough and we wonder if we are doing something wrong. We make adjustments but we keep trying. We hope that you kids will develop a real love of and a desire for learning more from the scriptures.
We love essential oils and are trying to remember to use them more. These new blends for emotions are great and it was fun to see which ones you kids picked as your favorite. I guess I wasn't surprised to see that everyone of you picked different ones. Jenna - Passion, Cooper - Motivate, Ryder - Peace and Trey - Console. (Weston doesn't have a favorite yet.)
On Monday night for FHE we made Gingerbread houses. Each of you ha a small house to make and you did a great job. It was fun to see you all get creative and come up with you own ideas.
Dad has started taking you boys to breakfast on your 1/2 birthday and/or birthday. Trey was excited to go out to breakfast with Dad when he turned 5 1/2 on Wednesday this week.
This year I decided to volunteer through the Art Literacy program in the school. I get to go in 5 times this year to teach 5 different art lessons to Ryder's class. I love being in there and he looks forward to the times I come. He is quite the artist and loves it!
I love the time I get with Weston and Trey. I have extra kids 3 days a week and so those other two are pretty special. This week we walked/biked to the store and it was a lot of work. We were tired and hungry when we walked by Einstein Bagels, so we stopped for lunch. It was fun. Weston loves Nutella. He calls it Patiya. It is so cute.
On Friday night this week, Grandma B took the kids for their annual sleep over at Grandma's house. It is special and you kids love it. Dad and I went out for a special dinner. We found a place that was Whole 30 compliant and it was delicious. (Cultured Caveman) Since Westie is still to young to sleep over at Grandma's house, he came with us. He is SO fun and we enjoyed some time with just him.
Westie took this picture.
Saturday while Grandma took you oldest 4 kids to the Nutcracker, Dad and I went to the Portland Choir Christmas Concert. It was really cool and is getting us inspired to try and do more creative dates this next year.What a fun week FULL of Great memories.














No comments:
Post a Comment