
Well we hit another milestone, only 45 days left until graduation. With the help of many of you I was able to put together a list of 45 of Garrett's most admired qualities. Here is the list we came up with:
45 Admirable Qualities
Bethany:
1. He is a great big brother, always willing to listen and give advice.
2. I love the way his laughs are always real, they are contagious.
3. His wonderful family, They are the best example to me.
4. He is just really cool and always has been in his little sister's eyes:)
The Greeners:
5. I admire how he still makes time for his family while he is sooooo busy with his schooling. I remember how hard it was for Barney to finish his schooling when we had three little ones but somehow we made it through the hard times as well. I know it has been a sacrifice for the whole family. You are all AMAZING!
6. Garrett is always positive and upbeat about his schooling. Always wanting to learn more and share it with others.
Good Luck Garrett.....and family! It is almost over, just like the little engine that could! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....I thought I could, I thought I could! We know you can!!!
Jason:
7 - His ability to remain humble, in spite of the fact that he's so incredibly sexy. I get lost in those big blue eyes. :-)
8 - Incredibly caring. He has an unbelievable capacity for loving others - whether it be friends, family, loved ones, or perfect strangers.
9 - He keeps things in perspective / doesn't take things too seriously....he is a kid at heart. I especially love watching him interact with his kids - his demeanor with them is something I try to emulate. There is no question that they love him & he loves them.
I hope you are all well!
Carmen:
10. One my favorite "Garrett qualities" is his gentleness.
11. He is never mean-spirited.
12. He is quick to offer an attentive listening ear and offers encouragement to all who cross his path.
13. I love his sense of humor and his warmth.
Harley:
14) He's very thoughtful. Always concerned with how others are feeling.
15) Great daddy. Doesn't let the kids slow him down.
16) What other 30-year old can get away with a faux-hawk?
I'm a little envious he's graduating and will have a job.
Natalie:
17. Garrett's laugh. I love it. I can hear it right now.
18. When we were in Kindergarten he brought some crazy, twisted carrots from his garden to show and tell. Since then he's always been "Garrett the Carrot" to me. Although, I'm sure it would've come up eventually.
19. After he returned from his mission we went shopping at the mall. He had purchased a few things and as he was looking around I was carrying everything for him. I had my hands full. An older man walked by us and gave us a crazy look seeing this girl carrying all the packages and the guy not carrying a thing. Right when the guy passed us, Garrett turned around and said to me "Where's the baby?" It still makes me laugh to this day.
Thanks for your friendship, fun sense of humor and all the memories, Garrett! You're one of a kind.
Love Nan
Dad Barnum:
20. Garrett is always seems to have a positive attitude which leads to self confidence without pride.
I'm proud to be your father!
Brian:
21. His fantastic little brother! wink, wink
22. His cheesy jokes.....like when he drove with me the night before I got married, and he was making me tell him why I was so frustrated and I told him how I had broken my flip phone and it wouldn't stay closed, and I didn't have time to fix it. He replied with, "well now you have a flip flop phone" he helped turn my frown upside down.
23. His caring personality. There is never a time when he sees us and doesn't ask how we are doing, or asking if we need help with anything, or calling just to say hi. I really admire that about him.
Peter:
I might have some others that come to mind in the future, but this one
is what I thought about this morning.
24. Wagoneer.
Bryce:
25. Garrett is very genuine and sincere.
What a guy.
Kimberly:
26. I am grateful he kept Jason on the Straight and Narrow...where would Jason be without Garrett!
Way to be so strong through these last few days!
Lori:
27. I always think Garrett was a great addition to our family. He has always been kind to my children and all the other nieces and nephews. He is just a perfect fit for our big family, but especially for you, Kricket. I've always felt like he was the half to complete you!
Jo:
28. Garrett is a wonderful big brother even when you don't live with him. On his mission, away at college, or married and working in some hippie town with a family of his own he still makes sure his younger siblings, especially sisters, are protected and cared for.
Jenna:
29. When I’m sick he asks if I need something, like Sprite.
30. He teaches my primary class sometimes.
31. He taught me to ride my bike without training wheels.
32. He gives good hugs.
Cooper:
33. He does Fort Night with me.
34. He takes me on dates.
35. He teaches me to draw.
36. He can fix a lot of stuff.
Ryder:
37. He kisses me.
38. He reads me books.
39. He does my breather.
40. He makes sure I get enough food.
Kricket:
41. Motivated – I am amazed at how motivated you can get. You know what is important and you are determined to succeed.
42. Helpful – You are so helpful with all of the things that need done. When you have a down moment with your studies, you are always doing something that will help me.
43. Worthy Priesthood holder – I am so great to have this power in my home. I knew that I wanted this since I was a little girl. You’re more than I ever dreamed of.
44. Caring – You are so thoughtful and really care about people, especially me. Making our marriage one that is enjoyable throughout eternity has been a priority for you and I am extremely grateful.
45. Good at prioritizing – This is such a wonderful quality. I admire you for all the work and effort that you put into this on a regular bases. I feel such love from you because you still make time for me.
You are loved!
We all admire and love you!
Cindy:
Sorry - I haven't opened my e-mail for about a week and a half - I am so behind! I may be too late, but I wanted to share my favorite things about Garrett.
46. He loves my sister and takes good care of her and their beautiful children.
47. He loves to build and create and is good at it.
48. He is a righteous priesthood holder and leader in their home.
Ben:
I love the idea of the list and what you’re doing for Garrett. It’s a wonderful gift to a great guy!
49. Creative. I still remember going to the BYU mechanical shop, just Garrett and me, to drill a hole into a 15-pound bowling ball and crafting an ankle shackle out of aluminum sheet metal. Presto! We had a perfect ball-and-chain for an upcoming bachelor party.
50. Fun Loving. Returning from school after a long afternoon of studying (and on a day after we just had a snow storm), I was greeted by Garrett inviting friends to jump into his Jeep and drive through the neighborhood on “snowman patrol”—a game of cat and mouse where we would knock down neighbors’ snowmen and try to get away before being pummeled by snowballs.
51. Strong Stomached. When most of the Team had invited girls on a group date in which we decided to play board games in our Glenwood apartment, Garrett, unable to find a date, decided he would protest (or impress our lady friends) by engaging in a solo gallon challenge. Needless to say, he vomited nearly a gallon of milk into a wastepaper basket in front of the entire group and successful made an impression with our dates.
Lots of love to Garrett and the rest of the Barnum clan!
BZ
No comments:
Post a Comment