Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekly Update, by Garrett

This week your update on our family is provided by me, Garrett. I hope that the different perspective on our family will be good. The weeks sort of blur together for me right now, so this won't be as orderly as Kricket's accounts of our family activities.

It has been fun to talk to Grannie and Papa (Elder and Sister Morgan) in South Africa this week, over the internet on Skype. His health is getting much better. He is out of the hospital and soon they will be able to travel to their assigned area in Botswana. Thank you everyone for your prayers. We love them and are thankful for their great example and love.

Friday, I was invited to go to Jenna's school for "Grandparent's Day". I know that I do have a few grey hairs already, but I am not a grandparent - any one could fill in if a grandparent was not able to go. It was really fun to go to kindergarten with her. The kids sang some songs for us, read some books, and then we got to do some fun activities with them. I could tell that some of the grandparents were worried when the teacher said we were going to paint our hands! It was fun to see all where Jenna learns each day at school. She really loves to learn. She reads books all the time, and her love for reading is infectious. I will often come home and find all three kids reading books, and I have to get their attention to get them to come and greet me. Normally, the all come running to me with hugs and kisses. She also loves to draw, and has really enjoyed the art kit she got for Christmas. I can see Jenna learning so much and growing into a smart little girl. I'm definitely a proud daddy.

Saturday we went to an amazing MBA Talent Show. There were some fun acts like a clown, a clogger, some musical numbers, and the famous MBA band - Weighted Average Cost of ROCK! The funniest part was that during the band's numbers, there was a mob of little kids all dancing in front of the stage. At most rock band performances there are fans that want to watch up close, but they are usually not under the age of six!

This morning I awoke to find another surprise as part of my countdown until graduation. Kricket and the kids made me a big rainbow cake. There are six layers, each a color of the rainbow, and it is decorated with Skittles, making a rainbow and the number 40 on the top (pictures to come soon). They are so supportive to me. I could not have done grad school without them. They make all the hard work worthwhile.

Speaking of hard work, Kricket is going to Logandale, Nevada this week to have some quality time with our family down there. So, I will be taking advantage of all the time alone to get more studying done (is that possible?!). She got the fridge stocked up for me with some of my favorite foods to cook for myself ... french fries, cereal, bread, and some fruit and vegetables (to be a little healthy). Of course, we can't forget my all time favorite meal to make for myself ... mac'n cheese with hotdogs. If it gets too bad I'll just bum a meal or two off the neighbors or Brian and April. After this week I'm sure I will be reminded of how good I have it with her cooking all the time. But in the mean time I'll be fine, right?

No comments: