Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Break


This week was Spring Break and it was actually fun to have all of my kiddos around everyday with me. Jenna was very aware that if we went some where in the morning we didn't have to hurry because we didn't have to get back for school. We didn't really do much, we went to the play place at the mall, we made cinnamon rolls, we tried to keep things up on our house, we went on a field trip to Krispy Kreme's and had an IKEA experience with friends.
It was a wonderful weekend with Garrett. Since he has decided to extend his thesis he has been a little bit more balanced and we get to see him a little more. We went on a hike on Saturday to the "P" on our mountain here in Payson. The kids have been wanted to hike this mountain since we started hiking last summer. It was a great hike and we enjoyed getting outside.

I believe that this may be the babies first and last hike until he is outside of my body. I am feeling very pregnant which is a little discouraging for me because I still have more than 2 months left. I really love to GO and DO and I am getting more tired all of the time. I shouldn't complain but I just can't help it. To all of you Moms out there, how do you make it through those last few months? What are you tricks? How do you keep from complaining?

5 comments:

N. Tipps said...

You make it sounds as if complaining is a bad thing! You're bringing another human being into the world and it's not easy. Teach your kids to give you a foot rub or something.

Carmen Goetschius said...

I am with Nan--

Perhaps find someone to hold all the complaints and doesn't mind hearing them!? And maybe keep a "thankful list." That helps me. When I feel sad or frustrated I usually create a list of things I am grateful for in my life.

Hang in there, lovely mama! You do a great job!

cindy said...

You are doing awesome - pregnancy is wonderful - but hard. Hiking should probably be kept to a minimum for the next couple of months - walking will be best. You are so wise to keep active, but don't kill yourself off. Tell your kids that you are amazing because you have been able to do everything with them for so long into this pregnancy - they'll believe you. Tell yourself that you are doing awesome - and believe yourself - you are awesome.

Margaret said...

Trust me. The 4th child is the hardest. I could hardly walk in the last 3 months let alone HIKE!!! You are amazing for even attempting it.

Seriously, just go into survival mode. Sleep when you can. I think I laid horizontally on the couch a LOT. It's amazing my kids survived that period of our lives. But they did. And thankfully, they were too little to really remember it. Bank on that.

Love you! You grow the cutest babies ever so I think you are doing AWESOME!

Unknown said...

Well, I KNOW you grow the cutest babies ever, so please heed all the good advice these friends have offered. You can send all your complaints to me. I'll receive them and put them into a very special place, the place I created for you and your humongous courage when Jenna was born.
Thank you Kricket for loving enough to bring another child into the world and into your wonderful family. Love Mom B