Sunday, June 10, 2012

Kricket's Big Race




Dear Family,
I am writing this a couple of weeks after the fact because life has been crazy.  I want to catch-up on the last few weeks, so here we go.
The first full week of June was full of the normal runnings.  We had school and we had our fake sisters Sophie and Anna walker again.  We played a lot and the kids make a huge fort.
We had an awesome thing happen in the middle of the week.  Dad got a job offer with Yakima.  We have prayed about it and know that it is the right thing for us.  We will be moving to Portand/Beaverton soon.  Daddy will most likely be starting the first week of July.  He gave notice at Burley that he would be leaving on Thursday.
 Another highlight of the week was Mom's 1/2 marathon.  We drove up to Vancouver and spent the night with Grandma B.  In the morning Dad took me to the race and got me all ready to go.  It was a hard race.  There were lots of hills and I didn't know if I could do it.  I tried to keep with the 9 minute pacers but that ended up to fast for me.  I did the 13.1 miles in under 2 hours 5 minutes and 42 seconds.  That is a 9:35 pace.  I felt great when I remembered that the hills really made it a lot harder.  I improved my time from last year too, which was awesome.




It was so awesome to come running into the stadium and have you all there cheering for me.  You are wonderful!!

Love ya mean it!
Mom


No comments: