This has been a great week. We have started the beginning of the end before summer and that is feeling great. We had our last day of preschool. We had an ABC Party and I gave all of my students and ABC Book of photos of them from the year. Ryder has learned a lot. He loves preschool and loves his friends. He know all of his letters except D, which he says is B. We laugh and so I don't know if he will ever call it the right thing. He is SO funny and loves to have others laugh at him. He calls me Ms. Kricket and loves to ring the door bell for preschool. I usually say, "Oh Ryder, welcome to preschool. Did your Mom let you walk to preschool without your shoes." He will say "Yep." Every once in a while, he would request that his Mom show up for preschool, when Ms. Kricket just wasn't cutting it. (Needed a Momma lovin').
I have enjoyed teaching preschool this year. I have had some really fun kids and it has been fun to see them all learn so much. I will miss them.
The rest of the week was just pretty busy with the normal life. We have had beautiful weather so we played at the park and swam in our pool in the backyard. That means we have had to take less time with homework, (Jenna even played hookie on Friday to be part of the ABC Party) and we even forgot piano this week. :-(
Cooper had a field trip to the Newport Aquarium and the Beach. When I ask what was his favorite part he quickly said it was finding the bird skull. He is quite the boy. I got to walk home with Cooper from school all alone and it is always fun to visit with him alone. He has a lot to say and it is fun to get his perspective on things. He did get carsick in the bus. Ms. Imholt said that he did get it in the bag. I told her he is a professional. Poor thing, I wish I would have thought to mention that he might need a front seat. We just don't run into this much on the bikes. :-) Cooper is such a great bike rider and is usually game to ride anywhere we go. He is also an amazing little reader. Today was the first day he read a whole chapter book in one day. (Young Cam Jansen)
I am getting ready for my 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles) next week so I had an 8 mile training run scheduled for Friday. I did 12 last week and it went well. I am running faster than last year and I am hoping to improve my time by almost 10 minutes. Well, this week my 8 mile run was terrible. I think I have shin splints and so I was sore. It was the middle of the afternoon and really hot. I had already taught preschool and had to rip myself up from a nap to go. So between all of that it was a hard run/walk. I hope that I can do better on this coming Saturday. I am really looking forward to this being done.
Trey is such a fun guy. He follows and mimics his siblings all day long. He loves Garrett and follows him around all evening. He is funny and talks probably more than all our other kids, which is incredible. They all talk so early and so much. His laugh is contagious and his scream is terrifying. I did decide this week though that he deserves to be disciplined/taught just like the others. I know that Garrett and I are tired and we don't probably put as much effort there as we should so, I am determined to do better. So watch out buddy.
Jenna is growing up so fast. You can either find her playing pretend with her brothers, helping me or with her nose in a book. She has a great imagination. She is getting really good at playing the piano and is really fast on her bike. She made an incredible diagram of the human body for school with all of the different systems. It was all labeled and everything. She is smart, fun, happy, energetic and still fairly serious about life for an 8 year old. She finished The Book of Mormon before she turned 8 and is working to try to read the New Testament by the end of the year. Garrett and I have to stay on our toes to keep up with her.
On Friday Garrett had an all day interview with Yakima. The make the Cargo boxes and Roof Racks. He says it was an awesome interview and a great company. Garrett is happy at Burley and that is a great time to look for a job. It will take something great to take him away and we are going to be excited when that happens for him.
Garrett had a big day on Saturday. He completed his Gran Fondo Race in Cottage Grove. It was 117 miles!!! It has hard and he is sore and tired but we are SO proud of him. He trained hard and did awesome.
The kids and I had a hard time finding him. I forgot what city. So we went South of Eugene and then realized it wasn't Creswell so we headed North of Eugene to Coburg. After missing the exit and coming back to Coburg we drove all over trying to follow Garrett's instructions that didn't make sense. After about 1 hour a made a few phone calls and got my sister Cindy to help me realize it was in Cottage Grove, which is indeed South of Eugene but farther south then Creswell. Garrett called soon after we figured that all out to let us know he only had 8 left. We had been praying and hurry for a long time so that we could still make it to see him cross his finish line. We followed all the directions, which made perfect sense in the right city :-), and quickly parked the car. We hurried to the finish line, and Cooper reminded all of us to say a thankful prayer. About 3-5 minutes later, Garrett came Zooming across the finish line. We felt so grateful to have made it in time to see him.
Here is our HERO!!
Here is Garrett with his HERO Steve.
Thanks Steve for your encouragement!
We love you and we are so proud of you!
Garrett and I taught the lessons in Priesthood and Relief Society today. We taught it on Elder Holland's talk from the last conference. "The Laborers in the Vineyard." This goes on my short list of all time favorites. I think Elder Holland has a few on that list for me. I used this cute poster and made hand outs for my sisters. My cute friend Megan designs this kind of thing and gave me permission to print it. It was a fun lesson to teach.
What a fun week. Let's home this coming week brings more memories to write down and remember.
Love,
MOM
Kricket


No comments:
Post a Comment