Well the month of May was all about our new baby boy. He is so fun and we spent the first have of the month anticipating his arrive and the last half enjoying him in person.
We found a couple of things that needed to be replaced for this new baby. We got this rocker and this changing table at a garage sale. Daddy couldn't help buying a couple of play toys too.
Here is the last ring from the count down chain! We are so excited for our new baby brother.
Weston!!
with Daddy
First Family picture. (I hope to be better dressed in the next one :-)
On our way home!
Garrett got to take the first week off of work and spend time getting to know Weston. It was so nice to have him helping out as we all adjust to a new baby and having 5 kids around the house.Here are some of the first pictures at home. The kids just love and adore this new little guy. He doesn't really get a moment of peace but it doesn't seem to bother him one bit.
Jenna (9) and Weston
Cooper(7) and Weston
Ryder (4) and Weston
Trey (3) and Weston
Here is a cute story about the picture above. One day the boys were holding Weston like this. I feel like Weston is pretty safe in the boppy like this so I was doing something else. Pretty soon I hear some thing and went into check. Trey is so enamored with Weston that he can't get close enough and he is laying on Weston. I quickly run over and grab Weston just to late to realize that he was ASLEEP like that. He quickly started crying. I couldn't calm him down and eventually let Jenna try. He quickly feel asleep in her arms. I guess I need to just let these kids do there thing. Weston seems to love them no matter what.
I love this picture. Can you say LOVE!
Every baby needs Tummy time. This baby gets to do it with the support of 4 siblings.
So far this baby is an angel. I am amazed everyday that he will just lay there and be happy.
It is SO wonderful.
Well after a few days I had to face the facts and realize that my mom wasn't going to be able to give my baby his first bath. Garrett and I did it together. I put a picture of my mom by the sink so that I could feel like she was a part of this moment for me. I miss her so much all the time but even more at times like these. Weston wasn't really sure about his bath but he did pretty good. Notice the towel in the background. That is Garrett's baby towel. It was fun to be able to use it for Weston.
Papa Lynn came into town about a week after Weston was born. He wanted to meet our new little guy and spend time with the rest of us. Garrett and Papa took the kids to the zoo one day. They also joined Grandpa Barnum to go to OMSI on another day. They loved having this special time with Papa.
Aunt Sherrie flew up to help for the second week. She was so wonderful to have around. We cooked, did laundry, took the kids to school, and kissed on Weston. We even had time to do a little playing and shopping. She was also great to stay with the kids while Garrett and I did some house hunting. AND we found it!!! More on that later. It was so great to have her around.
Aunt Sherrie took the oldest 4 to McDonalds for a treat and some play time.
(She also bought them these cute shirts and Jenna a dress from Naartjie)
Having a new baby is quite the adventure. It is so wonderful and exhausting too!
The change so quickly that we are trying to enjoy every minute with this little guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment