Thursday, October 31, 2013

October Review 2013

Our dad Garrett traveled to NYC this month and while he was there he met up with his college buddy Pete.  We call him "Uncle Pete."  It was fun for Garrett to get to see him.  He also got to go the the Manhattan Temple.  He definitely wants to try to do this more as he travels around for work.
 

Well another month has gone by and our little Westie Po is sure growing up.  Growing up, learning and trying new things.
Siting in new Chairs.  (Still not sitting up on his own)

Loving the swing at the park.


Standing up with a great big "Big Boy" smile.
My mom used to always help babies stand and then she would raise their hands above their head over and over saying "Biiiiig Boy."  I love doing that and I miss her like crazy.  I wish she could be here to hug and kiss on my Weston like she was for the rest of my cute kids.

First real food! (Avocado)

We have been continually trying to make our house more wonderful.  We have made some purchases and we have been doing a little work around our house.  It is so fun and is making it feel so much more homey.
 
  This was a piano that Grandpa found for us for free.  It wasn't exactly what we are looking for so we are going to keep searching for our perfect piano.  Until then, it will be nice to have a piano that the kids can play on.
We finished our "Creation Station" in the downstairs but still have had quite a mess down there in the other half of the room.  We really wanted a couch that will feel that space nicely and we bought one this month.  We were so excited because it came during General Conference in time for us to enjoy a few sessions together on our new comfy couch.

I think I mentioned that my wonderful sister Cindy came for a week to visit and celebrate my mom.  While she was here we worked so hard and painted my curtains.  I saw this on a blog somewhere and just had to do it.  I was going to buy plain white curtains at IKEA and then paint them.  My curtains were like a lacy top layer and then a plain white under layer.  My sister pointed out that I should just paint the under layer.  She's brilliant and I was excited to get going.  We painted the regular sized dining room curtains and also the huge living room curtains.  Here are some before, during and and after shots.







It was a lot of work and so fun to have Cindy here to do that with me.  I LOVE how they turned out.

 Cooper's Baptism Day!






Cooper spent the morning with one of he favorite cousins.  Calder.  He flew out with his mom and Garrett to them to the Lego Festival here in Portland.  It was so fun for them.





Calder came to Celebrate Cooper's Baptism and it was fun to see them playing together around our new house.
I always take a picture like this so that we can watch these guys grow.  I call them their future missionary pictures because I always imagine taking a picture of them together in their suits before their missions.


It was so fun to have my sister Cindy here with me for a week.  She came to spend time with us and be here so we could be together for the year mark of my mom's death.  It was so great to have her here.  We talked, played, talked, painted, talked, read books, talked, went to dinner (just us two), cried and talked more.  I love her and I am so grateful that we have continued this tradition of getting together each fall.

Pumpkin fun!












Costumes!
Jenna - Bookworm                                             Ryder - Bumblebee


Trey - Iron Man                                       Cooper - Ninja

Garrett - Pirate (Captain Hook)          Kricket- Witch and Weston - Lion




Good-bye October!

No comments: