Sunday, January 11, 2015

January 2015 Week #2

 Well kids,
This week was back to the routine.  It was rough for some reasons and probably nice for others.  I spent some time pulling down Christmas and getting the house back in order.  You kids joined me in the afternoon as we tried to get back to our afternoon "Zone Cleaning."  Everyone actually had pretty positive attitudes this week.  I hope this will continue :-)
 I was going to take down the Christmas cards but thought it would be fun to enjoy them longer.  I moved them to the back of the coat closet.  I want us to remember family and friends all year long.
 
 I even got my junk drawer organized.  I joked when I finished that it looked like Grannie had been here.  You know she was a queen of organization.  Here drawers almost always looked like this.  She was amazing.
 I have been using the collage frame to decorate for the different holidays.  Since January is Jenna and my birthday month I decided to put in some pictures of us.  It was fun to search through old photo albums and find some fun ones to use.  I even found a couple with Grannie in them too.  It is fun to see them and think of her.

 By Thursday we had most things back in good order and back into a good routine.  This was just in time for Mom to take a sick day.  We have all had a little bit of a yucky cold most of the week.  I took Thursday to rest.
Some of our normal routine's came back and it was good to see Jenna and Cooper on the Piano again!
 My new planner came that you kids and Dad gave me for Christmas.  I am really excited about it and plan to use it everyday.  It really helps keep us organized, and is a great place to keep track of our goals too.
 Speaking of goals... at Family Home Evening this week we set our family goals.  We are setting family goals by the quarter this year to see if that will be helpful for continually making progress.  Our first quarter goals are
1.  Read non-fiction books about different topics per month.
January - Presidents
February - Oregon
March - Ireland
2.  Ride or Walk to work and school at least 3 days a week.
(this week we only got 1, hopefully that will be easier when we feel a little better.)
3.  Continue to read The Book of Mormon together daily as a family
4.  Serve others with a service project monthly
January - Clean the church

There was also plenty of time for crazy fun around our house this week too.  You kids have a lot of fun playing together.
Trey is learning to play really good with Weston.  He is good to look out for him and love to teach him all about how things are.  Cause Trey knows a lot these days.  He loves preschool and looks forward to playing with the big kids after school.  He still takes a nap almost everyday and needs it.  His body and mind and spirit go pretty strong ALL DAY LONG.

 Weston is so funny.  He is talking A LOT but that is still not enough for him.  He babbles, and sings, and screams and follows be around most of the day asking me for something.  He love to count 2,2,2 and he thinks letters are awesome A,A,A.  You kids are great to help about with him.  He loves to play with the big kids and you are good to include him in almost all of the things you play.  He keeps a busy and smiling some much of time.
 Our family got "Sorry" and "Farkle" for Christmas and we have a had a lot of fun playing these games.
 We had the special privilege of having Elder M. Russell Ballard come to our Stake Conference this week.   We were all excited to see him in person and hear what he had to say to us.  Dad got to go to some meetings on Saturday so when the little guys were to sick to go he stayed home with them and I got to take you three oldest.  It was amazing.  You were all so well behaved and it was neat to be there together and hear from an apostle of the Lord.  I see each of you growing in your testimonies and your desires to do what is right and I love that.  Your Dad and I love you very much!

No comments: