Sunday, July 9, 2006

July 9th 2006


 Dear Elder and Sister Morgan,
            I know that you haven’t officially left yet but we wanted to start this whole thing off right and get a letter to you as soon as you entered the MTC.  We hope that you have an awesome experience in the MTC and we look forward to all of your letters over the next two years.  We would really like our kids to get to experience your mission through your letters.  I have decided that I am going to try and write you a letter every week.  This will hopefully keep you up dated on our family and also keep my journal up to date.
            We have had a wonderful summer thus far.  On June 22nd we drove up to Vancouver to spend a special long weekend for Bethany and John’s wedding.  Bethany took out her endowments on Thursday.  We were able to be in the temple with all of Garrett’s family.  It was really neat.  Afterwards we met at Olive Garden for a nice dinner.  Grandma B had arranged a babysitter for the whole afternoon for the three grandkids.  Other than the fact that neither one of my kids got a nap it was a wonderful afternoon.
            The next day we went to the Portland Zoo.  W e were hoping that all of the family would be able to come so that we could spend some time with them but not everyone decided to come.  Dad Barnum, Belin, Jonathan, and Ryan came along with our whole family.


It was so great.  Jenna absolutely loved every minute of it and has talked about it a lot ever since.  We really hope to get her back to the zoo again soon.  She says that her favorite was the Orangutan and when “the vulture flew right over us.”  Here is a picture of Jenna with the Orangutan.  We think that this one was INJI.
 


Cooper also had a great time but by the end he was all tuckered out!

On Friday night Garrett had his 10-year class reunion.  Part of me thinks that it is crazy to think that we have been out of high school for that long, but the other part of me can’t believe how much has happened in my life it 10 short years.  Garrett seemed to have a good time seeing all of his friends at the reunion.  We were even able to have a brunch the next day with some of his close friends.


After the brunch we headed to the temple for the sealing.  Jenna looked so cute in her new yellow dress and Cooper looked absoulty adorable in his white tux and yellow bowtie.  (It was the same tuxedo that he wore for his blessing but it fits him now, and I rented the yellow bowtie.)  The sealing was so wonderful.  It is always great to see two people with all of their loved ones in the same room to watch them be sealed together.  It was really special.


Saturday night was the reception and it turned out really nice too.  Mom B had a lot of people that were able to help and it was beautiful.  It was a great weekend to spend time with Garrett’s family.  Sunday was church, opening presents, and catching up on some sleep.  Jenna and Cooper were so beat and worn out by so much fun.
            Monday morning (June26th) Jenna, Cooper, and I got on a plane headed for Idaho.  We were able to spend Monday and Tuesday with some of my brothers and sister that were in Burley.  My Mom and Dad were in Nauvoo with Grandpa and Grandma Beus and came home on Wednesday.  I spent as much time with my mom and dad as I could.  We talked and talked and hugged and just let them spend time with their grandkids.


We are going to miss them so much.  I was able to have lunch with all the girls, which was fun.  I love spending time with my family.
            On Friday afternoon Garrett joined us in Burley and that night so did Mike’s Family, and Cindy’s Family.  That night we all hung out at Lori’s house and talked and talked.  It was fun to all be together.  I have a lot of fond memories sitting around the kitchen table, talking and laughing.
Saturday all day was spent at the Snake River.  Everyone was there except David and Kylea (Cindy’s husband and daughter).  We also had some extended family there too.  Mom and Dad had a couple come in and do the food.  It was made in milk cans on a stove and served in a pig trough.  It was really good too.  Jenna had so much fun playing with her cousins.  It was so exciting to have so many friends.  In fact it is always hard to come home and have her realize that we can’t go to Allora’s house today.  Our kids made forever friends this weekend. 
 

            Sunday, we were able to go to my home ward in Burley and Mom and Dad were able to share their testimonies with us.  (Earlier this week I was able to hear mom’s testimony in Russian.  I was so impressed, and I know that they are going to be awesome.)  I was so glad that we were able to be there with everyone.  We were also able to attend Ezra’s (Bryce’s youngest) blessing that day.  We then played at Roger’s house for the evening.  We talked and talked and ate.  Papa Lynn even took Jenna for a ride on the four-wheeler.  She wasn’t sure about it at first but ended up loving it.   Aunt Sherrie bought all of the girls matching outfits again.  It was so cute.


Monday, a big group of us went to this huge slip n’ slide.  It was so much fun.  You slide on tubes down this big hill.  Jenna was even brave enough to go down by herself. Cooper really liked it when we would take him down too.
That night all of the adults were able to go out to dinner together.  We would be leaving the next morning and it was a good way to end an awesome week it Burley.  Dad and Mom came to hug and kiss our kids good-bye to our kids before dinner.




Garrett and I then went and spent a little bit more time with my mom and dad.  We decided to buy their Lexus and finished up the paper work.  Then I just kept stalling because I didn’t want to say good-bye.  I really truly didn’t think that it  would be hard to say good-bye because I am so happy and excited for them but it was still really hard.  I am going to miss them so much.  They are amazing parents and it will be hard not be able to see them and be with them.  As we drove away I was crying (just a little J)  and I said to Garrett,  “You always tell me to call my mom because she always says the right thing,  who is going to say the right thing now?”  It will be really different but like always the Lord wants us to grow and we will.
            Our drive home from Burley was great in our new car.  The GPS got us right to our exit in Eugene.  It was a long drive but we took it slow and stopped as we needed to.  Now we have been home and recovering from vacation.  I think this next week we might start to feel like we are back to normal.
            Jenna is having so much fun with pretending. This morning she said “ I am going to school, and you will miss me.”  Cooper just learned how to clap during sacrament meeting today.  We love our kids very much and are enjoying them almost everyday!
            Mom and Dad, We love you so very much and are so proud of you for serving a mission.  You are going to be awesome missionaries.  Dad and Mom thanks for all of the time that you always give your family.  We really appreciate it.  We will miss you but we now that the Lord needs you in the Ukraine.  Please take care of each other and know that we love you and are praying for you too.


WE LOVE YOU MEAN IT!
Garrett, Kricket, Jenna and Cooper


No comments: