
My kids love their Daddy. I think weekends are their favorite time of the weeks, and they are mine too. They love waking up and finding him at home. They love to be reminded that it is Saturday and Daddy gets to stay home and play with Jenna and Cooper. They love Sunday mornings and reading the "Funnies" with him. (I remember reading the "Funnies" with my Grandpa every Sunday. It was a special treat for me as well. I remember that he never read them in order because he liked to save his favorite until last. When I read the "Funnies" that is still how I like to read them. I sure miss my Grandpa and Grandma and look forward to seeing them again in the eternities.) Anyway, Garrett just told them that tomorrow is a special Monday and so he will be home for another day. By the excitement expressed by all you would have thought it was an early birthday present for all of us. Garrett is an amazing Daddy and I love the memories that he is working to create with our little ones because they don't stay little forever. Since I mentioned some fun memories I had with my Grandpa and fun memories that Garrett is making with our kids. I would love to hear some memories that you are making through small traditions with your families.
9 comments:
Does wiping snot and dodging coughs count as a tradition? Ha Ha.
That is such a cute picture...I love the messy hair and the PJs...totally cute! Hooray for Mondays off!
It's true they grow up fast! I can't believe how quickly my little ones are growing up. Life comes at you fast! One tradition we have made is to have a family date night once a month. So, not only do we have FHE on Mondays, once a month we do something "extra" special--like a movie, sledding, dinner, etc. So far it has been great. The kids look forward to it and so do we! Jared is also a great dad and every night he lays with the kids and tells them a story. It is so cute & the kids love it! Isn't it nice to have a great HUBBY!?
You have such a cute family!!! It was so good to find you!!! Yes widmierboys.blogspot is the Britni Beck from burley!!! It seems to me that your kids have great parents!!!!
Hey Kricket, there is a girl in my ward that knows you...Jamie Sutherland...she's from Burley. I don't know why but I just thought I'd tell you that.
I love that picture of your hubby and kids. I hadn't commented yet cause I couldn't think of any tradtions that we do with the kids like that. SAD HUH!!!!! :(
I am working on your Pay It Forward! I am so excited! I will let you know when I mail it! :)
Love ya.
I loved your post. What a great daddy, it shows by that picture. I finally have some bows made for people to order. Check out my blog and look on the right side to order if you are interested. Thanks!
Kricket! Wow, isn't the blogging thing getting out of control, I have ran onto sooo many people's blogs from BURLEY!! Great to see your little ones, they are darling by the way. I added yours to my blog (hope you dont mind). www.stokespeople.blogspot.com
Hey Kricket! My old Kent 1st Ward friend. I found your blog by looking at Stacy Lunsford's. You have such a cute little family! I remember Jenna just as a little one coming to all of the Young Women's Activities. It looks like you are doing great. The blogging world is such a fun place to find old friends. I added you to our contacts, so I will be checking on you often! Check out our blog at thekleinfam.blogspot.com
Post a Comment