Well I had a great time today making the invitations to Jenna's Princess Party. I know I am a little crazy to do this but it was a lot of fun. I used my new
Cricut machine. (Not to be confused with
Kricket) Anyway I personalized each of the invitations with the skin and hair color. Jenna picked out what color of dress each should wear. Just like playing with paper dolls again. (Did I ever play with paper dolls?) I plan to make bigger dolls and give them to Jenna for her birthday. I hope that they will keep her busy for hours by herself or maybe even just minutes. This cartridge for the
Cricut is amazing. There are so many different pictures that you can choose from. I borrowed it from a friend and might need to get my own

After I finished all of the fronts of the cards, Garrett got to work on the back. We watched part of Cinderella for some ideas and he did a terrific job.

Jenna decided to only have girls at the party (except for Cooper of course.) So Cooper was the only Boy to receive a "Prince" invitation. I figured since he was it, he would have to be in charge of slaying the dragon.

Please tell me about the crazy things that you have do for a kids birthday party.
13 comments:
So So cute! Love it! I don't think I've ever made kids birthday invitations this creatively. You rock! Miss you.
Margaret,
What are you doing up at 12:14 a.m. You are crazy!
Kricket
So how sad is it that I have had a Cricut machine since May and have yet to open it?
You are inspiring me to break it open.
Muy bravo on the invites!! They are superb...I am so excited to get mine in the mail:)
I'm loosing track of all the crazy things I've done for birthdays...they're blending in with the crazy things I do on a daily basis...ha ha
Making sandwiches in the shape of 'happy birthday' stands out right at the moment...
My mom did SUCH amazing parties, that I have major party stress: they have to be perfect. So my kids only get them every other year!
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Wow, you amaze me. I am such a boring mom. Buy cards at the store, write in them, deliver. BORING! I did make a baseball cake for Kreyton for his bday. That's about as creative as I get! :)ace
Those are so awesome! You are amazing for making all of those...I have never even heard of a cricut machine...maybe I need one!
Hey Missy! My sister Jenny called me and said she saw your name on Chalets blog from Anslie. (small bloggin' world) It has taken me about 20 minutes of blog searching but I finally found your blog. I am so excited. How are you? You are so creative, I love the invites.
I miss you. I am so excited I can keep up on what you are doing.
Your family is so flippin cute.
Did I tell you I miss you???
Love Ya Mean It!
Jess
Oh, my blog is
http://t8erfamily.blogspot.com/
I am going to add you to my blog for easy access to check on you often. Hope thats OK! :)
Hey girl! So I told Jess that I saw Ace said you had a blog. She went searching and found you and told me so I could find you too! It is so great to see you. What amazing invitations. I am sure you are an incredible mom. So good to see you again. Feel free to check out our blog.
www.jensenfamily5.blogspot.com
Jen (Lindsay) Jensen
News travels fast!! One sister finds something wonderful and the rest of us join in! Great to see your beautiful family!!! I also love the invitations!!!! I will peek in often!! My blog is:
http://happylifefunnymoments.blogspot.com/
Amber Cederberg (the third Lindsay girl:)!!)
Cooper likes the dragon. But it scares him when it is roaring.
G
At Scrapbook night, last Friday, someone said, "I need my Cricut." I was sure she meant Kricket... I guess she meant both!!!
Miss you. I'm glad you are well...
I love your invitations! SO adorable. I hope you don't mind I list you as a friend on my blog page. Margaret and I were reminiscing at Scrapbook night on how much we missed you! I'll never forget that momentous walk before my baby came!
Post a Comment