Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Prayer for the Stressed!

This week was one of many rough weeks to come. Garrett has been working on his thesis like a mad man and that leaves a lot of time without him. We miss him terribly but know that this is important and the end is in sight. On Wednesday I started out our official countdown to graduation. I gave him card with a big 50 on the front and a jar full of smarties. He gets to eat one everyday until graduation. We hope this will remind him of how smart we know that he is.


I am having many opportunities for growth these days and am not sure exactly how I feel about that. I really miss Garrett, he is always so supportive and helpful with the kids. I joined a group of sister at church and we are working on goals that are part of a "Celestial University." I am excited because this months goals are centered around spiritual health. I am focusing on personal scripture study and getting to the temple 2 times this month. I am doing this to increase my faith in the Savior. I know that he has a plan for us and our family but it is kind of hard to see right now and so I feel the need to increase my faith in Him. Things with MBASA are going really well. This week they elected a new presidency that will release my presidency after graduation. It is crazy and exciting to think about passing the baton.

The kids had a good week. I think it is a little hard on them to not have Garrett around too. There attitudes are as great as we would like and we are working on that but I don't always know what to do. Jenna is still reading a lot and is trying to get 500 minutes of reading during the month for a free pass to Seven Peaks Water Park. She should get this easily. Cooper really enjoyed preschool this week. It was a our good friend Becky's house. We volunteer at Jenna's school every Monday and that is a highlight for everyone. Jenna looks forward to us coming, Cooper enjoys joining in the fun, and Ryder is a great mascot for the class.


Friday night my great friend and sister-in-law,Melissa, came to stay the night. She brought Allora and the kids thoroughly enjoyed playing with her all day Saturday. We played dress-up, beauty parlor, and drew pictures. After that, we got to hook up with my sister Cindy and niece Kylea to see them do a little wedding shopping. It was fun to be a part of these activities. Melissa and I then went to Ikea and looked around a little while the kids played in the play area. It was a nice treat/break for all.
Ryder had his first official week in Nursery at church. He is growing up so fast and so much fun. New words this week included: Cool, Dude, and Cool Dude.

Garrett and I did manage to put aside a little time for a date this weekend. We went to the temple on Friday night and the kids got to play with Uncle Brian, Aunt April and Mr. Watson (there new little puppy). The kids always have a blast withe Brian and April which makes it nice for us to get away. The temple was so wonderful. It feels so nice to step into the beautiful place and feel the spirit so strong. We had some dinner and talked too. I have an amazing husband that is working so hard right now and I am doing my best to support him. I do pretty well and only broke out in tears a few times this week. I wish I could do more to help him but my support, prayers and increased faith is all I have to offer.


We love all of you and hope things are going well with you and your families. Please keep Garrett in your prayers. Graduation is looming and his thesis still has a lot of work. He needs all our faith a prayers. Speaking of faith and prayers, my Dad is out of the hospital and with my Mom. He is feeling so much better and I am sure anxious to get to work in the mission field. Thank you so much to all that prayed for him. I am sure that the Lord heard your prayers and sent those blessing to my dad.

GKJC&R Barnum

5 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Kricket you are like wonder woman. Tell Garrett good luck with those last 50 days, it sounds like he has been working so hard. And you too, I just know that you have been going above and beyond because that's the kind of person you are. You inspire me to be better and I admire you so much. Those kids are lucky to have you!!

Glad you guys got a date night...they are few and far between when there's so much studying to be done.

Glad your dad is feeling better too!

Miranda said...

I am in complete awe of that picture of miniature Kricket and Melissa! I've always been impressed by your positive attitude. Hang in there. :)

Margaret said...

Woot Woot for almost done with school. Now I can just focus on praying that you come back to Oregon.

I need you to come whip me together spiritually, and mentally, and all the other stuff. Ok? Miss you!

Anne said...

hang in there...you are awesome.

RightHahn said...

Why are you stressed? You're not that busy! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Glad you're dad is doing better - and that you're squeezing in time with your husband when you can. Hang in there!