Sunday, April 18, 2010

One Crazy Week

Dear Family,

This week has been really crazy. It has been fun, busy, and very emotional. Let's start at the very beginning. (A very good place to start :-).

Monday is always a little busy between trying to check up from the weekend, planning the weeks meals, getting to the grocery store, regular chores and volunteering in Jenna's classroom. Nothing like starting the week off with a bang. Monday night we had Family Home Evening. This is such a fun time for our family. The kids look forward to it and I am always glad to start the week with a family night. (We miss Garrett after fun family weekends.) This week we realized that we need a rotating schedule. We had a lot of different kinds growing up. What kind works well for your family?

Tuesday during the day was fairly uneventful. I did try to do a little sewing on Tuesday and actually didn't end up so well so I am taking a break.
In fact I took some of your needed advise and did a little relaxing. I am reading the series Women of Genesis by Orson Scott Card and I am really enjoying it. I finished Book #3 this week. What books are you reading? Tuesday night was the MBAA closing social. It was fun, loud, crazy and sad to say good-bye to such an amazing experience at BYU.

Wednesday I had kept pretty open because I knew I need to get somethings done before the big MBASA Year End Party. I had phone calls and final touches to be added to the evening. Well I got a phone call at about 10:00 that morning that totally changed the remained of my day and changed the world of a great friend. My good friend Candida called to let me know that her sweet Baby Elena had passed away in the night and didn't wake up on Wednesday morning. Candida served on the MBASA board this year as our Historian and wanted to let me know she wasn't going to make it to the Year End Party. Of course my heart was broken for her and I cried for much of the rest of the day. I received many phone calls and e-mails from people wanted to know how they could help. We are all praying of them and their sweet family. One of my friends sent me a link that had some good advice to help a grieving friend.

http://www.babylosscomfort.com/index.php

Wednesday night was really fun. The MBASA End of the Year Party was a huge success. We had a lot of people come out to support us and the board of course did an amazing job of pulling it all together. This experience with the MBA Spouse Association has been incredible. I am have had the chance to work with some of the most incredible women. I feel so blessed and grateful for this experience. We ate catering Cafe Rio nacho bar, we had a short program where we recognized those that really helped out this year. (I did forgot to recognize my actual presidency which, I felt terrible about and had to apologize and thank them individually.) We had Karaoke, a photo booth, ping pong, billiard, socializing, taking crazy pictures, and we did have a card writing stations for Candida and Joe. I really think everyone had fun and I am sad to see it end.

Thursday was my niece Kylea's bridal shower. I can't believe that I am getting that old. She is such a beautiful girl and I am really happy for her. It was fun to see my sister and spend some time with her. In about 10 days I will be attending BYU Women's Conference with all of my sisters and I am really excited. (We will definitely miss our mom this year and would love it if some of the Sister-in-laws could join us for another year. hint hint :0)

Friday we got together with family because Jo and Jeff were in town. It was fun for the kids to get to spend some time with Calder and Phealen. They played really good together and it is fun to watch them grow up and enjoy each other more.

Saturday was the graveside funeral for baby Elena and that was more sadness but such an amazing service. I can't believe how well Candida and Joe seem to be doing. They are so much support for each other and I am amazed by the spirit of comfort that they demonstrated during this whole ordeal. I imagine that Heavenly Father has sent Holy Ghost to play a huge role in their life during this last week. Many have been praying for them and their family.

Today we had a great Sunday. We do Sunday Stations in the morning to help keep the Spirit and pass the time. What do you do on Sundays (before or after church)? We had a nice dinner together, talked to family and made homemade ice cream. It was a good day. Question is....
Are you ready for Monday?
We love you all!
GKJCR&?

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Every post, I just want to tell you how you amaze me. Because, you do.

Love you!

cindy said...

Thanks for the book list - I wrote most of them down and will be ordering them from the library - I still love picture books. One you might want to check out - is a new book by the author of the Fabelhaven Books - he wrote one for his kids (he said he thought he was being a jerk of a dad that he hadn't written any books for his young children). I love it. I am reading "Whispers of the Bayou by Mindy Starns Clark. I don't know how good it is, it was recommended to me by a friend and I am only 4 chapters into it - but I like it so far. I just wish I had more time to read!!! I am more than over my head right now and debating on whether to take a break or have a break down. Love ya!