Wednesday, April 13, 2011

12 of 12

April (Tuesday)



1. Laundry - I am a one batch of laundry everyday kind of girl. I fold the one batch that is in the dryer from the day before and wash and dry a new batch. This makes it so that laundry can be done and checked off my list early in the morning. However there are weeks where that just doesn't happen. Hence, the baskets of clean laundry waiting for me to sort, fold and for the kids to put away. There would have been another basket or two if my sweet husband won't have put them away last night, while I was out for a girls night.
2. PBSkids - The boys love computer time and I definitely need it today. It isn't that we don't do computer time a lot but after the normal 30 minutes, I quickly turned of that timer before it went off so that they would just keep playing, and I could just keep relaxing. :-) It was definitely one of those days. In fact, I woke up this morning, forgot it was my 12 of 12 day and when I remembered, I wasn't sure I wanted to document this day. I decided that life, is life and so ....
3. Current Book - City of Bones. I read and read today. This is a fun series, a "Candy read" and just the kind of thing I need right now.
4. Current Project - Potty training!! Ryder did awesome, not one accident.
5. Outside time - I love this picture of Cooper and Trey. The weather was beautiful and it was so fun to see them interacting together. Check out those smiles.
6. Cooper and his "Lego" ship - Garrett came home for lunch today and after he and Cooper had some wrestling time, Cooper decided this was what he wanted to do for quiet time.
7. Wow! White, fluffy clouds and a beautiful blue sky - We don't see this everyday in Oregon. In fact, I think we might have even seen that big Yellow Round thing in the sky as well.
8. Discover - Trey is army crawling everywhere. He has discovered my "Tupperware" cupboard and is enjoying making a mess. (I remember my mom had a "Tupperware" drawer that was a definite favorite!)
9. Soccer - It has began again. This season should be much easier. Jenna and Cooper have practice and the same time and the same field! Plus, their games are on the same day, right after each other. They have practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays and games on Saturdays. I am loving being a "Soccer Mom."
10. Big Boy Underwear - Ryder loves being a big boy. This are the underwear he wants to wear tomorrow. Let's hope we can do as well as well as we did today. And I mean We. It is easy to be the nice mom when there are no accidents. Wish me luck!
11. Granny Smoothies - Since we have soccer at 5:15 we have to do dinner at 4:30. So when we come home we plan to do Smoothies. If we don't we will have hungry kids (say grouchy kids) in the morning.
12. Books - We love books and this is a common site at my house. Books spread all over the library floor. We don't have any real furniture in our formal family room so we made it a library. It fits our family so well and it sounds fun to say we have a library in our house.

Learn more about 12 of 12 here!

8 comments:

Miranda said...

I've been giving the one load of laundry per day thing a try. I haven't decided if I like it or not.

Glad you decided to document the 12th even if it was ordinary. Those are usually my favorite. :)

Anonymous said...

Your kids are adorable! I've vacillated back to the one day for laundry, but considering changing back!

trulymegs said...

I love Ryder's face in the potty training picture. So cute! Keep up the good work :)

Fowler family said...

Oh, I love it that you have a "library" in your house! That's the way a library really should be- someplace you can sprawl out on the carpet :)

And that lego ship is amazing. I'll have to show my boys in the morning. They will be utterly impressed.

Kimberlee said...

I prefer to save up the laundry until all the laundry baskets are overflowing and there isn't a clean pair of socks in the house. Then I spend an entire day playing laundry catch up.

Wait. That's not how I prefer it...that's just how I do it. :)

lacy said...

Why do you call them "Granny Smoothies"?

Kricket said...

Lacy, Good question. We call them Granny Smoothies because my mom is "Granny" and she always makes us granny smoothies in the morning at here house.

beckstarr said...

I love this post! It's so good to see everyone in their everyday things they're doing! I love that you made a library, and JENNA LOST A TOOTH!!! That's so exciting. You'll not believe this, but we moved in with my in-laws. Good people they are, so that we can attempt Dan doing school and getting A's. We'll be renting our home out in Payson, and we're bummed to be away from our friends, but happy still. We miss you guys, and loved the call (last month :) so sorry from Cooper. hannah was delighted! We're going to move our phone over here soon, so hopefully you can still get us at our number. So much happens, you know? Fast pace of life (as Trey crawling around proves). We love you guys!