Monday, April 8, 2013

March Review 2013

March 2013





We started off the month with a much needed and much anticipated visit from your Cottle friends in Eugene.  They came up Friday night and we got to play with them all day on Saturday.  It was SO fun and we had withdrawal for a few days after they left us on Saturday night.  (What am I saying - We miss them ALL the time.
During March we saw a lot of nights that looked like this.  Garrett and Jenna work together incredibly well together and they had a few "late night dates" getting this long house project done.
 Here is the finished product!  Jenna was pleased with it.

Garrett took the two big boys on the 1st camping trip for the year.
It was cold.
They ate hot dogs for dinner and breakfast.
They had a great time!
Boys are so strange :-)

 Being very pregnant and not having a lot of energy these days is hard for me.  I like doing fun things and playing with my kids.  I did find a fun recipe for a St. Patrick's Day drink and we wore green.  That is how exciting it gets around her these days.  I keep reminding myself that I will have more energy again someday.  I hope it isn't as long and I am afraid it might be.

 The 3rd graders at Jenna's school put on a Salmon & Cedar celebration and it was fun to be a part of.  Jenna did great.  They sang and danced and had these great costumes.  We are lucky to have the kids in such a great school.


During the Easter season our stake put on a really neat "Life of Christ" exhibit with amazing pictures displayed representing the Saviors life.  It was really neat to take you kids.  You enjoyed it and Jenna commented that she felt the spirit.  It was wonderful.  They even had a kids room that had fun activities.  Jenna, Ryder and Max dressed up in the Nativity.  Trey loved baby Jesus.  He is going to be a great big brother.

Garrett had a day off of work at the end of this month and we took the day and went to the ZOO!  Bethany, Max, Zach, and Gma B got to join us.  It was SO fun.  Here are a few pictures of our adventure.
 
 Portland Zoo has a brand new baby elephant named Lillie.  It was fun to see her.  She is way cute.







 The zoo was packed so getting to and from the actual zoo was a little crazy.  Here is us on the BUS going back to our car.
 You kids are so lucky to have such a fun Dad.
He is a little crazy too!

We ended the month with some fun Easter Celebrations.  
Grandpa Barnum invited us to his wards' Easter luncheon and Easter egg hunt.  You kids had a great time and found enough eggs and candy to last most of the way through Spring Break.
 



 We decided to use this time there to check out the area.  Grandpa doesn't live far from where we are looking for houses so we thought we would see what the parks were like.  Of course you kids found a great climbing tree at a neat park in Tigard.

 Easter morning!



 Easter 2013!
(I love that these pictures show your cute personalities)
Trey - reminds me of Kevin Bacon!
 After church we did more Easter activities.
Like:
 Eat Chocolate Bunnies
 Try to impersonate the funnies.
 Decorate Easter Eggs.



Another month of memories. CHECK!
 

9 comments:

John and Bethany said...

I had a comment for every picture but now all I can remember is that everyone looks so cute in their Easter outfits. Jenna's dress turned out great! Love and miss you guys.

Caroline said...

great post, kricket. you and garrett are such great parents. and hang in there. only a few more weeks left. you probably have more energy when you are pregnant than most moms have when they're not! i love you!

(thank you for the sweet comments on my blog. i can't wait to meet your little guy!)

Margaret said...

Your kids are SO lucky to have you as their mom and Garrett as their dad! Loved the update. Miss your guts.

Anonymous said...

Lori said:
Thanks, Kricket!! You are amazing and I wish you have been born first so I could have just copied everything you did as a mom! My kids were robbed! Love ya, Lori

Anonymous said...

Cindy said:
Wow Sis,
You never cease to amaze me! I loved your Blog posts. I am always left wondering how you do it all - you are amazing!!! Thanks for letting me know you had some new ones posted - I try to remember to check it occasionally, but it had been a while. I feel like I just got to visit your family for a few days and I loved it. I am looking forward to visiting for real this Fall. David says he has a voucher from a delayed flight that I can use to come and visit you. When in Sept or Oct will Garrett be traveling - not that I don't enjoy seeing him, but I know you could use a little more help when he is gone. Hope you are feeling ok - I know the last month is sometimes a little exhausting (especially when you have all of your little people "helping" so much). You are in my thoughts and prayers - I love you so much.
Love, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Sherrie said:
Kricket....I love your blog! You sure do lots of fun things with your kids!

Cindy...I agree you guys that don't live in Burley are tooooo far away! I sure miss you too!

I have had a few hard days the last little while! I had a good cry in the shower this morning so I can make it through another day!

I hope you all are doing great and I can't wait to see you all at the reunion in June!

Love, Sherrie

Anonymous said...

Brooke said:
loved it!! miss you so much. We had an amazing trip!!! It was so much fun, incredible views and playing with my parents. We did a zip line, swam with the dolphins, parasailed and snorkeled. I will attach a few pics for you. We had been home for 15 minutes and the kids starting throwing up....no joke. Just back to reality :)

Anonymous said...

Kristy said:
I love seeing all the fun pictures of your family. We miss you all so much. I think about you often and how you have always been such a great friend. I will call very soon.

Kristine said...

Such a cute blog, how have I not seen this before? I love how you talk to your kids in your writing. Everyone looks adorable in their Easter outfits, and I can't tell that you don't have any energy because it looks like you guys have been busy!