Dad is a huge fan of Root beer and would love to create his own recipe someday. This was his favorite of the night.
On Tuesday the Youth from the ward went to the temple. We had a great turn out. We had 8 Young Women and 8 Young Men. That may not sound like a lot but for us it was impressive.
Magna-Tiles were definitely one of the favorite toys of the week. You kids played with them a lot and Mom even joined in some because I love those things!
Saturday we got to go on another hike. We went across Portland and hiked around Powell Butte. It was beautiful. The weather was a little colder than we thought but we had a great time. We missed Jenna though because she was out on a date with Grandma B.
Tonight we took a walk around the neighborhood. We do this quite a bit and it was really nice tonight.
Jenna, you are growing up so fast. You fasted a full fast today and had a great reason to fast too. You are adorable and such a fun girl. You work hard, read lots, set goals, play hard, you are creative and all around wonderful. We expect a lot out of you and sometimes forget to remember how great you are. I am going to try to be more positive with you, this was the reason that Dad and I fasted today. We want to help you to see that you are wonderful just the way you are. Dad and I know that you have things you want to improve on and we want to support you in those things, while at the same time letting you know that you are enough right now! Love you, girl!
Trey, you are still full of energy. You were sick a couple of days this week and that is always sad. It was great to see you back on your bike tonight. You are funny and enjoy playing with Weston a lot right now. You like to tease and make him laugh. You are a great big brother and like to see that he is happy. I love when you use your sweet gentle voice with him it makes me smile.
Ryder, you are learning so much right now. You are taking this Spanish Immersion by storm and working hard to learn lost of words. You are reading everything in sight and find it tricky sometimes figuring out if words are Spanish or English. You read from the scriptures and are getting better so fast. You have the cutest smile. It is fun to hear your stories about navigating the social life in Kindergarten. I think social life will always be very important to you.
Weston, you need to just stop growing. I can't believe how fast you are learning. You have an amazing vocabulary for a 22 month old little guy. You repeat everything we say, you can speak full sentences and you know exactly what you want and only get frustrated when you can't have it. When you were little, I would nurse you on the couch and afterwards you would love to look out the windows and watch for cars. You would get SO excited. It was fun to watch. It is fun that even though you are a quite a bit older now you still love to watch for cars out the window. You love buses and trucks, the louder the better.
Cooper, you are amazing. You fasted from last night until after church, 2:30, today. It was hard but you did great. You have soared this year in Spanish. I think it still in hard, and at times I am sure that you don't love it but you are doing it and we are proud of you. You love to read in English and love reading with your Mom in Spanish. You have a lot of homework this year but had a great attitude about it most of the time. You love to unicycle and enjoy playing with your siblings on the weekend when we have more time together.
Dad and I love you all so very much! Looking forward to another great week!
1 comment:
Oh Sis - it is so fun to hear your words and see all of the pictures of your kids and family! I love it - thanks for sharing with us! You are looking soooo good. I am so proud of you for not giving up - for continuing to work to stay on top of life and being active. I have been doing Zumba 2-3 times a week and walking 5-6 miles once a week. And our family just started the Whole 30 program three days ago. Hope we can shake something up so that I can loose weight again. But either way, we'll be healthier. Love ya! Cindy
Post a Comment